U.S. stocks traded higher this morning, ahead of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy meeting.
Following the market opening Monday, the Dow traded up 0.15% to 34,147.97, while the NASDAQ inched up 0.03% to 12,230.82 and the S&P 500 gaining 0.11% to 4,174.13.
Check This Out: Xerox, J.B. Hunt Transport And 2 Other Stocks Insiders Are Selling
Leading and Lagging Sectors
Industrials shares rose by +0.68% on Monday. Meanwhile, top gainers in the sector included FuelCell Energy Inc FCEL, up 14.90% and RCM Technologies Inc RCM up 12.54%.
In trading on Monday, energy shares fell 0.63%.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd NCLH reported its first-quarter results before the opening bell on Monday.
The company met or exceeded its guidance on key parameters. Its total revenues came in at $1.8 billion, with GAAP net loss of $159.3 million or 38 cents per share. Norwegian Cruise Line’s adjusted EBITDA of $234 million and adjusted loss of 30 cents per share were better than the guidance of $195 million and 45 cents per share, respectively.
Equities Trading UP
- Nano-X Imaging Ltd NNOX shares shot up 54.82% to $9.46, after the company announced it had received 510(k) clearance from the FDA to market the Nanox.ARC as a stationary X-ray system intended to produce tomographic images of the human musculoskeletal system adjunctive to conventional radiography, on adult patients.
- Shares of Apollomics Inc APLM got a boost, shooting 23.67% to $5.7383, after declining around 3% on Friday.
- Ascendis Pharma’s ASND shares were also up, gaining 19.1% to $83.3242 after the company announced it had received a CRL for TransCon PTH in hypoparathyroidism over FDA concerns related to the manufacturing control strategy. No new preclinical studies, or Phase 3 clinical trials to evaluate safety or efficacy, were requested in the letter.
Equities Trading DOWN
- First Republic Bank FRC shares tumbled 62.69 to $2.31 on news of it being the third US bank failure of 2023. JPMorgan Chase & Co JPM agreed to acquire most of First Republic Bank.
- Shares of TOP Financial Group Ltd TOP were down 30.12% to $75.62, after spiking more than 600% on Friday amid discussions on popular subreddit WallStreetBets (WSB).
- Pliant Therapeutics Inc PLRX was down, falling 27.37% to $20.52, after the company announced long-term data from the INTEGRIS-IPF Phase 2a trial.
Also Check This Out: Why Royal Caribbean (RCL) Shares Are Rising
In commodity news, oil traded down 1.8% to $75.38, while gold fell 0.2% to $ 1,995.20.
Silver traded up 0.8% Monday to $25.435.
European shares were mixed today. The eurozone’s STOXX 600 rose 0.03%, London’s FTSE 100 rose 0.50%, while Spain’s IBEX 35 Index declined 0.79%. The German DAX gained 0.77%, French CAC 40 rose 0.10% and Italy’s FTSE MIB Index climbed 0.30%.
Denmark’s Manufacturing PMI rose to 44.2 in April, from 43.2 in the previous month.
The US S&P Global Manufacturing PMI was revised lower to 50.2 in April, from a preliminary reading of 50.4. The figure was better than the 49.2 reported in March.
The ISM Manufacturing PMI rose to 47.1 in April, from 46.3 in the previous month.
Take stocks from BZ Pro or https://www.wsj.com/market-data/stocks/us/movers link